Oversight and Execution: The Difference is in the Details
Every project has a “why.” Whether it’s good for business, is ethically right, or personally empowering, any effort undertaken is done for a reason. Implementing an enterprise content management (ECM) strategy in your organization is a step that has many benefits. Each client has its own why.
In practical terms, it is the “how” that makes the real difference. Any enterprise content management strategy involves a number of plans, employees, departments, and managers. All of that is to say nothing of the myriad capital investments and training required to achieve positive, valuable outcomes.
At FileSolve, project management is an essential part of the solution. We help every ECM implementation happen smoothly, on time, under budget and within scope. We’re as committed to you as you are to the task at hand. That’s what partnerships are all about.
Ensuring that a new enterprise content management strategy benefits all the right people in the right ways can seem daunting. There are a lot of balls in the air. Effective, efficient project management involves two sides working in concert with one another to help make the ECM implementation process unified.
Project stakeholders can include:
- Line-of-business managers
- IT professionals
- Systems administrators
- Compliance officers
Keeping all these moving pieces running smoothly is what project management is all about. FileSolve provides the expertise needed to ensure that sound transitions happen with any enterprise content management strategy.
Our Perspective Yields High Performance
We are as vested in your success as you are. Exceeding client expectations is always our expectation of ourselves. At the heart of FileSolve’s project management ethos is our commitment to open, honest communication. We believe that every project is best guaranteed success when information is shared in an open environment – and acted on accordingly.
We believe it is critical to:
- Establish a clear project vision that is clearly communicated to everyone on the team.
- Assemble a carefully chosen team that has the authority, skill set, and commitment to act in the best interest of the vision.
- Provide a detailed, well-written, flexible Statement of Work (SOW) that includes expectations of both parties, including timelines, milestones, benchmarks, and budgets if the project is to remain on task, on time, and on budget. Within this, change management issues (such as training and support) must be covered so staff can adapt to and use the new ECM solution.
- Over-communicate with all stakeholders.
- Develop an honest rapport with those with whom we work. The road to ECM utopia is filled with bumps and unexpected turns. Cooperative, mutually beneficial relationships and an interactive working style are more conducive to positive results. What’s more, it’s just more fun.
Taking a hands-on approach is the best way to make sure things that need to be done are done. FileSolve’s PMI-certified project managers recognize the importance of keeping the right players in the loop, and the wisdom of not over-communicating to those who will not benefit from the information. Solid project management has clear objectives, strategies and established timelines, along with measurement tools and accountability actions that effect positive action.
When you partner with FileSolve, we help ensure that the gears are always turning – with the sole goal of bringing about the changes that help your ECM implementation be an amazing success. Details matter. You matter. We don’t see a difference.
It all begins with a conversation.